27.12.2012

Noël en Finlande

Kun lähdin Lillestä, siellä näytti tältä:

When I left Lille, it looked like this:



Kun saavuin vanhempieni luokse, siellä näytti tältä:

When I arrived to my parent's house it looked like this:




Oli omituista laskeutua Helsinki-Vantaan kentälle, kun kaikki ympärillä oli yhtäkkiä valkoista. Bussia oli kylmä odotella tennareissa ja minihameessa, pakkasta oli kuitenkin 19 astetta.

Having landed at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport, the whiteness almost blinded me as I looked out of the window of the airplane. Waiting for the bus was a freezing experience in a short dress without winter boots, after all the temperature was -19 degrees.


Tietäjät pohtivat, mihin suuntaan lähteä.  The three kings try to figure out the directions.

Ja sitten oli joulu. Kuusi sedän metsästä, lanttulaatikkoa ja Katri Helenaa. Kaikki kysyivät, millainen on joulu Ranskassa. No, enhän minä siitä tiedä mitään, kun olen täällä. Harmittaa hieman.

And then it was Christmas. A Christmas tree from my uncle's forest, gratinated swedish turnip purée and Katri Helena's Christmas album. People kept asking me what Christmas is like in France. Well, I must say I don't know much about it. I'm not there for it, am I? I'm a little upset about this now.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti